Gown shopping is an exciting and fun time for our brides and their families. Although, it is different for everyone, as no two brides are the same!
What does help your bridal shopping experience is if you are organized and open minded to the help and advice from your bridal stylist! Therefore, your bridal stylists at Brides by Francesca have put together their top 5 tips, on how to get the best experience while you are looking for your dream gown!
1. Research the stores you are planning to visit and have a look at the designs they have. One of the first questions we will ask when you arrive in store is what are you looking for in a gown? Having images of gowns you have saved from our website and images from Pinterest and Instagram of gowns or detailing you would like to try on, is a great place to start for your appointment. If it is you first time trying on wedding gowns we definitely recommend trying on a range of different silhouettes, but these images are a great place for your stylist to start to get to know your unique style.
2. Please wear nude underwear! These days, some gowns are sheerer and use softer fabrics than heavily lined gowns in the past, and seeing different coloured or patterned underwear can be distracting for some brides and their guests, so we definitely recommend wearing nude underwear. We also recommend to bring heels if you feel like you would want to go for a walk around the shop in any gowns you are loving to get the feel for how they move. While you are trying on gowns in our store you will be on a podium, as our samples in store are quite long for some brides, but having heels will make the gowns easier to move in and give you a better idea of what the gown will look like on the day.
3. Have your hair in a similar look to how you want it for your wedding day. If you are unsure whether you want your hair up or down yet, bring a hair tie to your appointment so you can try different looks depending on the features of different gowns you try.
4. It’s best to wear minimal jewellery when wedding gown shopping. If you aren’t wearing necklaces or lots of bracelets on your wedding day, we recommend leaving them at home, instead of taking them on and off, especially if you have organized a big day of shopping!
5. Bring your nearest and dearest only. Wedding gown shopping is a pretty intimate experience, so we find that brides who bring 2 to 3 guests that know your personality the best, will usually have a more successful appointment. You should strive to bring the people closest to you who understand that what they like, isn’t always what will suit you or your body shape as the bride.
Most importantly, remember to have fun and enjoy your wedding gown shopping experience, while making memories with those you love!
After three long months away from our beautiful brides, Brides by Francesca is so excited to be back – and better than ever! With the most elegant, sexy and unique gowns yet from exclusive designer, Giovanna Alessandro. Sydney brides, if you want to stand out, look no further than Giovanna Alessandro, the Italian designed label exclusive to Brides by Francesca for Sydney brides. Book your consultation now to see these show stopping gowns.
See more of what's happening in store below
Bridal Trends for 2022 from your BBF Stylists
You’ve found your dream wedding dress, congratulations! What’s next?
Styling your wedding dress is often a detail that is forgotten about until the last minute, sending brides into a panic. We want to help prevent this by offering our one to one styling service to help you love your wedding look from head (tiara or veil) to toe (comfiest heal recommendations)! And while this may not be possible during lockdown, our stylists are always here virtually to answer any styling questions via email email@example.com and all your BBF accessories can be purchased simply online.
Here are some of our tips:
- Don’t be afraid to add some colour with your accessories! Bridal does not have to be a solid ivory. Try Vintage Rose earrings by Windsor Bridal Jewellery or add your ‘something blue’ with a unique drop.
- While statement earrings are often our go to, elaborate studs can be just as beautiful! Try pairing this gorgeous Sun pearl stud for $35.00 paired with this Windsor Bridal Jewellery side clip
- A BBF staple: sophisticated headband and a drop earrings. This classic combination is classy yet casual, and our stylists are bound to find a pair that suits you and your dress.
Have a question about styling your wedding gown? Leave a comment below or email on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our stylists will happily share their expertise.
Read other recent Brides by Francesca blog posts for styling tips, latest news, real weddings and more!
New Wedding Gown Arrivals to Brides by Francesca Boutique Sydney
While lockdown has paused the process of finding the dream wedding gown for many, we are very excited to give a taste of the beautiful new gowns to come!
Here, you can browse our gorgeous new season arrivals from some of the best designers Sydney has to offer. Browse new arrivals from White April, Zavana Bridal and Cizzy Bridal Australia.
Brides by Francesca prides itself of the intimate and exclusive experience every bride deserves, under the guidance of our experienced stylists. Sydney brides to be- email one of our friendly stylists at email@example.com to talk more about how we can help make your dream gown a reality!
Tell us about your experience finding your dream gown
Tess – It took me a little while to finally find my dress! It felt like I went to every store in Sydney looking for the perfect one. I had an idea of what I wanted and just couldn’t manage to find one that fit that vision. When I tried my dress on at Brides by Francesca I felt such an immediate sense of relief! It was pretty much exactly what I was looking for and with the help of the store I was also able to customise certain parts to make it even more perfect.
I’m so happy with my decision – I felt absolutely amazing in my dress, not to mention I’m the first bride to wear GA from BBF!! Gab, Francesca and Lesley made the whole process so easy for me and even though we had to put in the rush order and had less time for alterations, they made me feel so comfortable with the whole process. So happy with my GA dress from BBF!!!
How did you choose your bridesmaids?
Tess – My three friends and I have been best friends since high school so it was a no-brainer that it was going to be them. They are the best and most supportive people I know so I couldn’t have done any part of my wedding planning without them.
Julie – It was one of the easiest choices I made! My three best friends from high school – we’ve known each other for almost 20 years now and they’re so beautiful, supportive and fun. I wouldn’t want anyone else standing by my side on such a special day.
Three of the four of us actually got married within about a year of each other, and we were the same group of bridesmaids/bride for each of the three weddings. It’s been so special to stand by their side and have them standing with me.
We’re all wedding day pros now!
Tell us more about your wedding planning experience
Julia- I originally planned my wedding in the UK in September 2020. Obviously, Covid had other plans. We postponed until September 2021, but in February 2021 we had to make the decision to cancel that wedding (that we’d already fully planned!) completely. It was a really tough decision but we didn’t want to wait any longer. We then planned for June 2021 without really thinking how quickly we would have to plan another wedding! (4.5 months). Covid threw another spanner when Sydney went into lockdown on the day of our wedding – we’re just so lucky it happened and in the end I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day!
Tess and I shared more than a dress shop – we also had the same musician! He was amazing (another way I simplified things for myself).
Tess also had some frustrating covid experiences. She had her wedding canceled a couple of days out in March 2020. It was an incredibly emotional time. Luckily she got everything picked up and moved to December 2020 and it was such a perfect day!
What advise to you have for Syndey brides to be?
Tess – Make sure you surround yourself with people who are willing to help and support you or who will just not roll their eyes at you after you come to them with the thousandth question about the smallest decision! And get recommendations for vendors from people you know if you can! It’s very daunting starting from scratch.
Julia – Don’t sweat the small stuff. It’s easy to become caught up in the detail of things when really it’s the purpose of the day that matters. What helped for me was choosing a venue that could do a lot of the planning so I didn’t need to work with so many different suppliers. Our venue – the Boathouse Shelly Beach – did the food, drink, reception & ceremony venues, flowers, place settings and cake! I also got a photographer and videographer from the same company too. Makes things so much easier!!
There’s something utterly exhilarating about eloping to a hidden paradise. Surrounded by the simplicity and silence of the coastline and timelessness of nature. COASTAL ESCAPE in Koh Yao Noi, Thailand, is the perfect location for an intimate exchanging of vowels and Sydney Wedding photographer SHERI MCMAHON has depicted that perfectly here with plenty of natural textures and enviable beach settings. I AM FLOWER designed bouquets of fresh white orchids and exotic anthuriums to shape and elevate the soft pastel tones and metallic gold table décor. Model bride Julia wears a gown with a plunging back by BERTA, and their infectious happy vibes made for amazing wedding day portraits in this picturesque setting.
A heartfelt thank you to Sydney Wedding photographer SHERI MCMAHON for sharing this beautiful elopement inspiration with us from Thailand. Sheri is Australian based with a love for fine art film wedding photography. She is inspired by natural light, European architecture, incredible scenery and adores photographing intimate moments and authentic unique love stories. Her approach is soft and subtle. “Film is flawless, it captures light, skin tones and romance beautifully.” With a huge passion and love of travel she’s always happy to travel to capture your magical day. You can see more of her portfolio in our VENDOR GUIDE HERE.
Photographer SHERI MCMAHON PHOTOGRAPHY | Stylist THE BRIDAL PLANNER | Florals I AM FLOWER | Venue COASTAL ESCAPE KOH YAO NOI | Calligraphy & silk SILK AND BRAMBLE | Wedding gown BERTA MUSE | Bridal boutique BRIDES BY FRANCESCA | Hair & make-up NEIL DONKINN | Suit HARRY’S MENSWEAR
The new BERTA 2019 evening line was just recently published, via sneak peeks on social media, and it has already become a worldwide phenomenon. Praises from wall to wall, as well as major celebrities such as Priyanka Chopra and Golden Barbie who already chose to wear dresses from this cutting edge collection.
Now, this celebrity favorite collection is finally making its debut at an exclusive trunk show event at Brides by Francesca.
Email us for more information now –